MARTIAL ARTS

{R}EVOLUTION

No styles, no systems, no rituals, no lineages, no masters, no labels, no belts, no katas, no uniforms, no dogmas;

Only the process of self actualization & personal expression of truth through functional combative movement and fitness.

On a purely physical level, we share how to individually and collectively use all of our natural tools as well as extended ones, offensively and defensively in a strategic and tactical manner and in all ranges of combat.

We're put through functional physical fitness training where we learn to push ourselves through our own perceived limitations. We also have much to offer on nutrition, health and optimum performance.

On a more cerebral level we learn about the psychology of violence, fear, stress & confrontation management skills, deescalation strategies and holistic survival tactics.

As the mind navigates the body; by challenging personal self defense dogmas and individual & core belief systems, personal growth and evolution occurs.

On a human level, we learn about the ripple effect and the moral, legal, and ethical consequences of our chosen actions while self examining our darkest emotions. We are encouraged to question everything, to learn to think for ourselves, to be more accountable and research everything we learn and to be open and responsive to life without judgment.

On a personal level, the training can make you face and slay your own demons.

Everything shared here is highly encouraged to be individually researched, to “absorb what is useful, add what is specifically of your own and disregard the rest.”

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Law Enforcement Officers Speak out on Senshido

From Connecticut USA:

I have been a police officer for the past eight years, and trained in various martial arts since 1988. I have never found any material to be as efficient, easily learned and retained or flat out effective on the street as Mr. Dimitri’s concepts.

I’ve used his Shredder / R.E.A.C.T. concept twice during the course of my duties, and both times it performed flawlessly. I am also impressed with Mr. Dimitri’s counter-knife material. It is by far the most simple and effective means of protecting oneself from an edged weapon attack I’ve ever been exposed too. It requires no memorized moves, and most importantly, it’s intuitive. I can not give Mr. Dimitri or his material a higher endorsement, I trust my life to the concepts I’ve learned from him.

Sincerely,
Officer Rick Capozzi Jr.
Ridgefield Police Connecticut. U.S.A.


From Auckland NZ:

Hi Rich,

Hope you are well. I just wanted to let you know that I used a passive Shred for the first time today as a police officer. I have been out on the street for a year now and this being the first time I think is a credit to my de-escalation skills!!

The subject was being abusive and would not move away without causing a scene, he was itching for a fight and then threatened to kill me and my partner and threw punches. He was taken down to the ground in about 2 secs and quickly gave up. It wasn't a hard shred, it didn't need to be, and he became quite compliant after that.

While it wasn't life or death, and I hope it never is, it was certainly refreshing to use your concept in a real situation and find it so easy to do. It was so fast taking him to the ground, I can hardly remember it, and he sustained no injuries which is even better. I hope I don't have to use it again, and if I do I hope it works out as well as today.

I personally want to thank you for developing something that is so effective at different levels of violence and will save peoples lives. But I think just as importantly it is a concept that can be so devastating that there is always that little voice in your head saying "do I really need to fuck him up that badly?" I believe with knowing the Shredder comes a huge responsibility on that person to not abuse it or use it to abuse others or hurt them more than necessary.

Thanks again Rich and certainly a big thanks to Phil and Athena Thompson who first introduced and taught me the Shredder as well as introduced me to the values of Senshido.
Kindest Regards,
Marcus Weston (New Zealand)

No comments:

Post a Comment