|February 10/2012, 4 months shy of 43 years old.|
"Overcoming childhood physical and learning disabilities, to become the USA National Team Coach and International Martial Arts Champion (in Sambo, Sanshou, Submission Grappling, Sport Jiujitsu, and amateur Mixed Martial Arts), Scott Sonnon earned the most coveted athletic distinction in his discipline - Honorable Master of Sport and became the first Westerner to formally intern behind the "Iron Curtain" at the Russian Combat Skill Consultant Scientific & Practical Training Center in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Blending his studies of biochemistry, biomechanics and psychophysiology, he developed an approach for multi-planar functional fitness - called Circular Strength Training, and an approach to rapidly recover from high intensity effort - called TACFIT. Author of numerous books and over a hundred videos, Scott now travels the world teaching for esteemed academies such as the NYPD Academy, FLETC, CBP Advanced Training Center, US Army 3/160th SOAR, FILEX, NSCA, CPTN, the Arnold Expo, Penn."
So I've been reading and following Scott's daily status updates and posts and began religiously following all his nutrition and training principles, adding them to my routines and finally taking on the Paleo Lifestyle full on.
3. Eat organic, local, fresh, preferably raw vegetables, herbs and spices.
4. Eat organic/wild fruits.
5. Eat only certain kinds of nuts and seeds such as pistachios, almonds, macadamia and walnuts or sunflower and sesame seeds. Try and keep it to a quarter cup per serving and no more than 2-3 servings per day spread out.
7. Eat 3 to 5 meals per day, eat as much as needed and don't over eat, eat until comfortably full.
8. Skip (fast) a day once every other week (drink home blended veggie detox juices)
9. Drink a minimum of 1.5 to 2 liters of room temperature water a day. Also allowed as beverages are almond milk, organic teas and coffee in moderation. Green tea you can have as much as desired but water is truly the elixir of life.
What's great as well is that people around me have been noticing my shape has gotten better and my energy levels sky rocketing, not to mention, when the majority of the town where we live would get the local flu, cold or stomach viruses going around, my wife and I were amongst the very few who never got sick. After explaining the lifestyle to them, a few jumped on the bandwagon and one of our friends told us after only 6 days of being on it, how much better and energized she felt already. She actually just called me today to thank me for getting her on it as she couldn't believe how fast the results were for her.
Though I've posted this before, here is the Paleo Lifestyle in a nutshell... honestly, I couldn't recommend it more, I have yet to have heard someone I personally know take it up and not have it improve their over all health, strength and life and I know of at least 25 to 30 people personally living the caveman lifestyle, some having dropped anywhere from 5 to 75 pounds in 6 to 8 months.